Terms & Conditions
1. Our Doors and other timber products are custom hand crafted unique pieces of art and All sales are final, no returns. Australia only sales, These listed here terms and conditions apply to all sales and form part of every sales contract.
2. All products have a natural timber appeal whether a distressed model or not, which includes (but not limited to) assembly holes on side, natural timber splits/cracks/knots/splinters/ imperfections/ natural timber movement. Natural variations in wood grain patterns, colours, and sap stain are not considered defect,This is natural characteristic of real timber and a feature of timber barn door.
3. Our products are hand crafted from full length solid timber,
Timber comes from trees and is a natural product, Solid timber is prone to bowing, twisting, cupping, movement, warping, expanding and shrinkage, this is a natural characteristic of real timber, and a feature of a timber barn door and is not regarded or excepted as a defect of the naturally grown species. Most hardware stores that sell ‘solid timber doors’ are actually made from short pieces of wood that are finger jointed together to create the doors full length then a thin timber veneer is glued on to cover the small sections of jointed wood pieces. This creates a more stable timber product as small sections of timber are less prone to movement.
To prevent timber doors from bowing or twisting, They must be stored on flat surface until installed as solid timber is prone to 'soak up' or 'absorbing' the position it has been stored in.
Barn doors are not designed to run tight clearances or tightly seal door openings, it is normal to run a reasonable size clearance gap to enable free running for the door and wall space next to the door.
4. Pick up of our products is highly recommended providing you have a 'suitable vehicle' and 'suitable tie down equipment ' to carry and secure the load. We do NOT recommend transporting door(s) on roof racks due to wind lift at highway speed. While we provide assistance when loading vehicle, we do not except any liability for loss or damage/ injury in relation to the load and transport of the load or any aspects of the delivery pick up to destination whatsoever.
We do not guarantee or except any liability for the vehicle or tie down or fastening equipment or the suitability of such equipment that you provide to secure your load.
You are also welcome to arrange your own freight or delivery method. We can arrange freight on your behalf if requested. We are not liable for any damage or loss once a product has left our physical control, as we are not personally making the delivery. We always include the freight company's transit insurance warranty option with all door freight quotes.(unless requested not to).
Our doors, When Freighted are very well packaged in a custom made fully enclosed crate which is screwed shut for maximum protection. We don’t rely on cardboard boxes to protect our doors when freighted. If your crate arrives damaged from the freight company, You must take photos of the damaged crate before opening, This is required for a transit insurance claim. The insurance company requires claims to be lodged within 5 days of receiving delivery.
If we make personal delivery of our products to your address then we fully guarantee our delivery.
Painted doors can be responsive to packaging and can sometimes absorb imprints of packaging , This is a natural characteristic of any paint products, we use special fast hardening tough paints to prevent this, however we have to pack freighted doors extremely well to minimise the risk of damage of during freight.
5. Unless stated in a quote, All barn door bracing face frames are single sided, back of door is timber plank panelling, recessed within the outer door frame. If requiring bracing frame on both sides, request this when you email for a quote.
6. All custom door orders must be prepaid, orders will be entered into the system when funds are received.
7. When a order has been placed, a estimate of order completion time can be provided which includes current orders in the progress and your order, but excludes freight time.
8. When purchasing Barn Door Track hardware kits, All track kits (like any other track and roller assembly from any hardware store) are general track and roller kits and every installation is different and unique to your particular opening and size of product you are installing. You may need to make adjustments to suit your particular installation as no ‘one kit’ can accommodate every installation due the many variations including type of wall, stud start – stop-spacing positions, door thickness, architrave thickness and/or no architrave, bowed walls, door frame out of square, un-level floors, etc. It is highly recommended you use a suitable contractor to install your track and door if you do not feel competent with the project. When fitting barn track ,rollers and your door it is very important that you install the door stops and anti lift disks (supplied in kit) ‘correctly’ to prevent door jumping off track if forced or slammed causing door to bounce while on track. No liability or warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied is given in relation to use, misuse, abuse, damage, excessive force, incorrect installation of any products provided by countrybarn doors.
9.All quotes and invoices are valid for 30 days for acceptance , If deciding to proceed After this period we will
re quote based on our current pricing which is reflected from the price we are charged for materials at current prices.
10. Countrybarn doors disclaims all implied warranties of fitness, merchantability for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Countrybarn Doors does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this website or server that makes the site available are free of viruses or any other harmful components.
11. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Countrybarn Doors has no liability to any person for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever including without limitation, for any indirect or consequential loss (including loss of profits, revenue, opportunity, business, goodwill, or loss arising from any failure, breakdown, defect or deficiency in the Goods and/or the Services) even if due to the negligence of Countrybarn Doors arising out of or in connection with the Goods, products and/or the provision of the Services.
12.Countrybarn Doors has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information provided on the Countrybarn Doors website makes no representation or warranties,express or implied, except as imposed by law, regarding the information provided on the website, including any hypertext links or any other items used either directly or
indirectly from the website and reserves the right to make changes and corrections at any time without notice.
Countrybarn Doors accepts no liability for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other losses or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of access to, or the use of the internet website or any information contained therein whatsoever. Countrybarn Doors accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracies or omissions in the internet website and any decisions based on information contained or provided in the website are solely the responsibility of the Customer and his or her interpretation.
13. Actual colours displayed may vary slightly. This is due to the fact that every computer / phone / Tablet screen has a different capability and settings to display colours and that everyone sees these colours differently on there screens. Also workshop photos will present different to installed photos due to different lighting back drop and different cameras.
When requesting a custom paint mix to be applied to painted doors, we will request the paint to be mixed to your specifications provided by our paint supplier.However we can not guarantee the accuracy of colour depth or the accuracy of matching other painted surfaces in your chosen space as we have no control of this whatsoever. As custom paint mix is out of our control, we provide no guarantee, warranty or liability to the accuracy of the paint product that is supplied to us to be applied to your custom colour mix painted door.
14. Countrybarn doors Recommends any Doors and /or track kit be installed by a licensed tradesman with extensive door and track installation experience to avoid installation errors and safety issues that can evolve from incorrect installation. As part of any components with in a home, Regular maintenance and safety checks should be made to any sliding track system to ensure all components are correctly adjusted, tightened to ensure reliability and safety. Any loose, damaged or worn components should corrected/ replaced immediately to ensure safety at all times. These periodic checks are responsibility of the owner of the equipment.
Copyright 2015 - 2020 Countrybarn Doors